Borg Warner 179351 EFR 7670 T3 A/R 0.83 WG turbocharger
Clean-sheet concepts. Loaded with innovations. Engineered For Racing.
What kind of turbocharger would you build for your high-performance car? The engineers in BorgWarner’s Advanced Aftermarket Product group created a wish list of every notable design characteristic. They used materials that had never been combined into an aftermarket turbocharger. They delivered quick boost response, powerful performance and reliable durability.
The EFR (Engineered For Racing) turbochargers from BorgWarner offer an unprecedented combination of advanced technologies:
- Low-weight Gamma-Ti turbine wheels and shaft assemblies for quick boost response
- Patent-pending dual ceramic ball bearing cartridges for more thrust capacity, durability and turbine efficiency at low expansion ratios
- Stainless steel turbine housing for increased efficiency, improved durability and corrosion resistance
- Range of units supporting 225 to 1,000 horsepower per turbocharger
Borg Warner EFR 7670 is ideal for road racing and time attack applications, as well as responsive high power street driven vehicles. Engineered for great spool, quick response and the potential to surpass 640hp - the 7670 is capable of 64lb/min compressor flow - unheard of for this size compressor wheel. The 7670 is an excellent turbocharger for road racing and time attack applications, as well as responsive high power street driven vehicles. The 70mm Gamma-Ti turbine wheel is the optimal match for the 57.2mm inducer / 76mm exducer FMW compressor wheel and is capable of 45+psi boost. This turbo uses the mid-size EFR ported-shroud compressor housing, great for fitment in cramped engine bays. Ideal for use in single turbo applications for the 400-650hp range, or as twin turbo applications 800-1200+hp. Ceramic Ball Bearing only, watercooling recommended (not mandatory).
The EFR 7670 is available in three different turbine housing configurations:
- 0.83 A/R T3 undivided (internal WG)
- 0.92 A/R T4 twinscroll (internal WG)
- 1.05 A/R T4 twinscroll (external WG)
- Gamma-Ti turbine wheel
- Integrated Compressor Recirculation Valve (CRV)
- Dual ceramic ball bearing assembly with metal cage
- Boost Control Solenoid Valve (BCSV)
- Forged Milled Compressor Wheel (FMW)
- Extended tip technology
- Compressor cover with speed sensor mounting provisions
- 3" v-band turbine outlet (92 mm output diameter) for all EFR turbos
- Watercooled Center Section - watercooling is recommended (14mm banjo bolts)
- Double seals on both turbine and compressor end for extreme durability and resistance to any oil seepage