Ferodo FRP3054H DS2500 brake pads AP Racing, D2 Racing, K-Sport Calipers
For: AP Racing 6-pot caliper CP3894, zacisk D2 Racing 8-pot caliper,zacisk K-Sport 8-pot caliper
Ferodo race pads are available in several compounds, the choice of which depends upon application and driver preference.
All part numbers in the range section of this catalogue feature a suffix. This suffix identifies the material compound available for each part number
- H: DS2500
- C: 4003
- R: DS3000
- W: DS1.11
- Z: DSUNO
- DS Performance
DS2500 is amongst the foremost high performance track day pads in the business. It is also suitable for some light duty front and many rear pure race applications. It offers excellent refinement for such a high performance pad. The main characteristics of DS2500 are:
- Track day & light race use for all vehicle types
- Road style refinement but with race material ability to withstand heat with respect to life and µ
- Average friction coefficient of 0.42 over working temperature range of 20°-500°C
4003 is a compound that was specifically developed for lighter cars (Formula 3, Formula Ford, Formula VW, Formula Renault, Formula Campus) and occasionally for Rally use.
The main characteristics of 4003 are:
- Average friction coefficient 0.46 over working temperature range of 200°-450°C
- Very short bedding time
- Excellent bite
- Low drag & Excellent release
- Offers control to avoid wheel lock when downforce reduces
DS3000 is the FERODO RACING compound that has set the braking standard from 1998. It has contributed to countless wins and podium positions in many Touring car, rally & GT championships around the world. The main characteristics of DS3000 are:
- Heavy duty all-round material choice
- Short bedding time
- Multiple applications including touring car, rally, Group N, single seat, hill-climb
- Average friction coefficient 0.48 over working temperature range of 200°-650°C
Several brake pads on the market boast 'ceramic' technology. DS1.11 is the real thing. It is based upon a chemical family known as Siloxanes. Unlike carbon based materials, siloxane chains do not decompose at high temperatures and so DS1.11 keeps on working up to the highest temperatures a brake pad could ever see. That means it won't fade and has excellent life, the best in the Ferodo Racing range. Moreover the performance remains exactly the same throughout the pad's (long) life. It is formulated to provide a very flat friction profile at a medium/high level of friction. The pad compression is very low, always, and so pedal travel is short and consistent.
The main characteristics of DS1.11 are:
- Heavy duty endurance material
- Applications - touring car, GT, single seat
- Average friction coefficient 0.46 over working temperature range of 200°-700°C
- Long life
- Very kind to discs
DSUNO is the latest heavy duty racing material from Ferodo Racing. It has replaced DS2.11 and is already race proven in GT, touring car, Formula & rally. The technical objective for the material was to provide a high friction output, whilst improving pad and disc life and to offer excellent modulability throughout the brake event. The latter means the risk of wheel lock is significantly reduced compared to other pads with the same high nominal friction coefficient, without any loss of output. This is the ultimate feel-good pad.
- Heavy duty semi-endurance material
- Applications - touring car, GT, single seat, rally
- Average friction coefficient 0.48 over working temperature range of 200°-700°C
- Very controllable torque output
- Very kind to discs
- Long life
DS Performance compound has been designed specifically for road use. It combines many of the characteristics found in a pure racing material (high friction, absence of fade) but has improved cold performance, and reduced disc wear and noise.
- The key features of DS Performance are:
- High friction coefficient (0.46 average)
- Excellent disc life
- Low wheel dust
- Racing "feel"
- Low heat transmission to caliper - thus avoiding fluid boil
DS Performance is recommended for road use only. R90 compliant (EU standard for road pads).