Borg Warner 11639880006 EFR 7163 V-Band A/R 0.85 WG turbocharger
Clean-sheet concepts. Loaded with innovations. Engineered For Racing.
What kind of turbocharger would you build for your high-performance car? The engineers in BorgWarner’s Advanced Aftermarket Product group created a wish list of every notable design characteristic. They used materials that had never been combined into an aftermarket turbocharger. They delivered quick boost response, powerful performance and reliable durability.
The EFR (Engineered For Racing) turbochargers from BorgWarner offer an unprecedented combination of advanced technologies:
- Low-weight Gamma-Ti turbine wheels and shaft assemblies for quick boost response
- Patent-pending dual ceramic ball bearing cartridges for more thrust capacity, durability and turbine efficiency at low expansion ratios
- Stainless steel turbine housing for increased efficiency, improved durability and corrosion resistance
- Range of units supporting 225 to 1,000 horsepower per turbocharger
Designed specifically for competitive racing use, the EFR 7163 is Borg Warner's newest addition to the EFR family. Latest generation compressors combined with state of the art 'Mixed-Flow Gamma-Ti Turbine Wheel' design allows for remarkable spool and huge powerbands. This unique turbocharger is literally an off-the-shelf Indycar turbocharger, used by all 2014/2015 IRL teams.
The EFR 7163 is available in few different turbine housing configurations:
- 0.85 A/R T25 undivided (internal WG)
- 0.85 A/R V-Band undivided (internal WG)
- 0.80 A/R T4 twinscroll (internal WG)
- 0.85 A/R V-Band undivided (external WG) - optional turbine housing
- Gamma-Ti turbine wheel
- Integrated Compressor Recirculation Valve (CRV)
- Dual ceramic ball bearing assembly with metal cage
- Boost Control Solenoid Valve (BCSV)
- Forged Milled Compressor Wheel (FMW)
- Extended tip technology
- Compressor cover with speed sensor mounting provisions
- 3" v-band turbine outlet (92 mm output diameter) for all EFR turbos
- Watercooled Center Section - watercooling is recommended (14mm banjo bolts)
- Double seals on both turbine and compressor end for extreme durability and resistance to any oil seepage