Borg Warner 179258 EFR 8374 T3 A/R 0.83 WG turbocharger
Clean-sheet concepts. Loaded with innovations. Engineered For Racing.
What kind of turbocharger would you build for your high-performance car? The engineers in BorgWarner’s Advanced Aftermarket Product group created a wish list of every notable design characteristic. They used materials that had never been combined into an aftermarket turbocharger. They delivered quick boost response, powerful performance and reliable durability.
The EFR (Engineered For Racing) turbochargers from BorgWarner offer an unprecedented combination of advanced technologies:
- Low-weight Gamma-Ti turbine wheels and shaft assemblies for quick boost response
- Patent-pending dual ceramic ball bearing cartridges for more thrust capacity, durability and turbine efficiency at low expansion ratios
- Stainless steel turbine housing for increased efficiency, improved durability and corrosion resistance
- Range of units supporting 225 to 1,000 horsepower per turbocharger
The Borg Warner EFR 8374 is engineered to support big power levels yet spool fast enough for professional time attack teams. The 74mm Gamma-Ti turbine wheel is the optimal match for the 62.6mm inducer / 83mm exducer FMW compressor wheel and is capable of 79lb/min airflow and 45+psi boost. This is one of the most exciting turbos in the EFR lineup for the high-power addicts. This turbo has the largest EFR compressor housing and is ideal for use in single turbo applications for the 500-800hp range, or as twin turbo applications >1400+hp. Ceramic Ball Bearing only, watercooling optional (recommended).
The EFR 8374 is available in four different turbine housing configurations:
- 0.83 A/R T3 undivided (internal WG)
- 0.92 A/R T4 twinscroll (internal WG)
- 1.05 A/R T4 twinscroll (external WG)
- 1.45 A/R T4 twinscroll (external WG) - optional turbine housing
- Gamma-Ti turbine wheel
- Integrated Compressor Recirculation Valve (CRV)
- Dual ceramic ball bearing assembly with metal cage
- Boost Control Solenoid Valve (BCSV)
- Forged Milled Compressor Wheel (FMW)
- Extended tip technology
- Compressor cover with speed sensor mounting provisions
- 3" v-band turbine outlet (92 mm output diameter) for all EFR turbos
- Watercooled Center Section - watercooling is recommended (14mm banjo bolts)
- Double seals on both turbine and compressor end for extreme durability and resistance to any oil seepage